1. The first recorded case of cancer in history was around over 3500 years ago in 1500 BC by the ancient Egyptians.
2. It is estimated that cancer causes over $1 trillion per year burden on the US economy.
3. There are more skin cancer cases caused from indoor tanning than lung cancer cases caused from smoking. However, tobacco is still responsible for over 20% of cancer deaths.
4. Between 30-50% of cancer cases are preventable.
5. Married men are less likely to develop cancer than unmarried men.
6. Cancer is not a single disease. There are over 200 types of cancer (including sub-types).
7. Brain stem cancer has less than 1% survival chances.