What are the Early Symptoms of cancer?
Cancer is one of the leading causes of death across the globe and catching early signs of cancer is the key. There are several kinds of cancer such as skin cancer, prostate cancer, pancreatic cancer, oral cancer, breast cancer, throat cancer, lung cancer, ovarian cancer etc. Each cancer has different early symptoms, and different cancer diagnosis and treatment options. Along with different cancer treatment there are various side effects depending on the type of cancer and treatment.
In todays world, cancer cases are increasing rapidly. In India, cancer causes are growing at an alarming rate and much faster than the developed world. Throat cancer, oral cancer, lung cancer and breast cancer are the most common types of cancer in India.
Catching cancer early can often yields dramatically better survival chances than catching it late. Not all cancers have known causes or even tests for detection. You might have been told to watch out for coughing up blood, unexplained weight loss or vaginal bleeding. But these are five important.
Early Symptoms of cancer:
- Lump in the breast (especially for women) or testicles (for men) or lymph nodes: may be signs of breast cancer or testicular cancer.
- Fatigue. Unexplained tiredness may be a sign of cancer.
- Pain can be a sign of several cancers including brain tumors, bone cancer, colon, ovary, testicular and even blood cancers.
- Blood in the stool. The underlying cause may be cancer including rectal cancer.
- Skin changes. Skin gets darker or lighter, gets thicker or rougher, or won’t heal scabs.
This list covers many of the early signs of cancer but is not exhaustive. Certain cancers may
not have any early signs. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms we recommend you
to contact your doctor immediately.