TREAT YOUR CANCER PRECISELY WITH GENETIC TESTING
Why Caris Molecular Intelligence?
Cancer is caused by genetic mutations. And, just as no two people are alike, no two cancers are alike. Two individuals with the exact same cancer type in the same stage may respond differently to different treatments. The only way to give every patient an optimal treatment is with advanced genetic testing.
By breaking down and analysing your DNA, RNA, protein and other related molecules, genetic testing aids oncologists in isolating the biomarkers driving your tumour and identifying therapies that benefit you.
CARIS IN NUMBERS
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Caris Molecular Intelligence uses multiple genetic testing technologies to decode your cancer.
Using a sample from a biopsy of your tumor (or from your blood or other bodily fluids), Caris Molecular Intelligence services runs a series of advanced tests to fully understand the biology of your tumor, thereby helping your oncologist better plan their attack.
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC): determines level of protein expression in situ Hybridization: detects gene deletions, amplifications, translocations and fusions
- Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS): rapidly examines and more broadly detects DNA mutations, copy number variations and gene fusions across nearly 600 genes
- Sanger Sequencing: examines strands of DNA to identify mutations by analyzing long contiguous sequencing reads
- Pyro Sequencing (PyroSeq): detects and quantifies mutations, methylation, etc. through sequencing by synthesis
- Fragment Analysis (FA/Frag. Analysis): detects changes in DNA or RNA to indicate the presence or absence of genetic marker